Presentation Skills Training Courses Somerset
Archway Computer Training provide Presentation Skills training courses Somerset at your site.
|Number on course||Price per day|
|1 - 1 training||£395 + VAT|
|2 - 4 people||£795 + VAT|
|5 - 8 people||£1095 + VAT|
Provisional Outline for the Presentation Skills Training courses Somerset
Aims of the course
The aim of the Presentation Skills Training course is to provide delegates with the skills necessary to give effective presentations.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify their audience and their purpose
- Create objectives for a presentation
- Structure a presentation
- Demonstrate the platform skills required to give an effective presentation which has a real impact on their audience
- Handle nerves
- Design and use visual aids
- Handle questions effectively
- Evaluate the effectiveness of their performance with the use of constructive feedback
How the course is run – This one/two day instructor-led course has an interactive approach, with plenty of opportunity for delegates to practise the new skills they learn. All delegates will be expected to give a presentation.
Pre-requisites – Participants should bring with them material that could be used to prepare a short presentation. This may, or may not be, work-related.
Introduction and Objectives
- Why effective presentations are important
- Projecting positive image
- Factors that inhibit us
Identifying the audience
- Who are we presenting to?
- What are their needs?
- Why are they here?
Aims and objectives
- What is an aim?
- What is an objective?
- Why have aims and objectives?
- The components of measurable objectives
Structuring a presentation
- What is the presentation trying to achieve?
- Introductions that will gain immediate interest
- How to make your audience feel positive
- Using language that persuades and inspires
- Length of presentation and managing time
- Presentation summary
- Eye contact
- Vocal projection
- Using pauses for impact
- Handling the mannerisms that distract
Coping with speaker nerves
Designing and using visual aids
- Why use visual aids?
- How to use them effectively to enhance a presentation
- Pitfalls when using visual aids
- How to handle audience questions
- Using questions for constructive feedback
Evaluating our presentation
- Why evaluate how our presentation went?
- Methods for evaluating the effectiveness of our presentations
We train companies in Somerset including:
- Midsomer Norton
- Shepton Mallet
- Long Ashton
We have also trained home-based businesses and users in some of the Somerset villages, so please do get in touch.