In these difficult days where training face-to-face is not viable, we are offer training by videoconferencing means – if you do not have these set up at present, there are plenty of free options such as WebEx, Zoom, Join.me, etc. Do get in contact if we can help you in this way. Click for further details of upcoming sessions. We are also happy to do customised online training to meet your requirements. Contact us for further details.
Presentation Skills Training Courses Southampton
Archway Computer Training provide Presentation Skills training courses Southampton at your site and in other towns in Hampshire, Dorset, Wiltshire and Somerset.
|Number on course||Price per day|
|1 - 1 training||£395 + VAT|
|2 - 4 people||£795 + VAT|
|5 - 8 people||£1095 + VAT|
Provisional Outline for the Presentation Skills Training courses Southampton
Aims of the course
The aim of the Presentation Skills Training course is to provide delegates with the skills necessary to give effective presentations.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify their audience and their purpose
- Create objectives for a presentation
- Structure a presentation
- Demonstrate the platform skills required to give an effective presentation which has a real impact on their audience
- Handle nerves
- Design and use visual aids
- Handle questions effectively
- Evaluate the effectiveness of their performance with the use of constructive feedback
How the course is run – This one/two day instructor-led course has an interactive approach, with plenty of opportunity for delegates to practise the new skills they learn. All delegates will be expected to give a presentation.
Pre-requisites – Participants should bring with them material that could be used to prepare a short presentation. This may, or may not be, work-related.
Introduction and Objectives
- Why effective presentations are important
- Projecting positive image
- Factors that inhibit us
Identifying the audience
- Who are we presenting to?
- What are their needs?
- Why are they here?
Aims and objectives
- What is an aim?
- What is an objective?
- Why have aims and objectives?
- The components of measurable objectives
Structuring a presentation
- What is the presentation trying to achieve?
- Introductions that will gain immediate interest
- How to make your audience feel positive
- Using language that persuades and inspires
- Length of presentation and managing time
- Presentation summary
- Eye contact
- Vocal projection
- Using pauses for impact
- Handling the mannerisms that distract
Coping with speaker nerves
Designing and using visual aids
- Why use visual aids?
- How to use them effectively to enhance a presentation
- Pitfalls when using visual aids
- How to handle audience questions
- Using questions for constructive feedback
Evaluating our presentation
- Why evaluate how our presentation went?
- Methods for evaluating the effectiveness of our presentations
We train companies in Southampton and other towns in Hampshire, Wiltshire, Dorset and Somerset.
We have also trained home-based businesses and users in some of the Hampshire villages, so please do get in touch.
Our other Professional Development courses include:
- Time Management training Southampton
- Train the Trainer training Southampton
- Train the IT Trainer training Southampton
As well as Professional Development training in the Southampton area, we also offer computer training Southampton courses. These include Microsoft Office training Southampton, Excel training Southampton, MS Project training Southampton, Word training Southampton, Microsoft Access training Southampton, Visio training Southampton, SQL training Southampton, SharePoint training Southampton and Access VBA training Southampton.
So whether you are looking for Professional Development or IT training Southampton courses, contact us as we will be able to help!