In these difficult days where training face-to-face is not always viable, we are also offering online training Hampshire by videoconferencing means – if you do not have these set up at present, there are plenty of free options such as WebEx, Zoom, Join.me, etc. Do get in contact if we can help you in this way. Click for further details of upcoming sessions. We are also happy to do customised online training to meet your requirements. Contact us for further details.
SQL Training courses Hampshire – Fundamentals of Querying
SQL is a programming language used by many to query large databases. We provide SQL training courses Hampshire. Our SQL training courses Hampshire are delivered at your offices and can be tailored to your needs, thus making the training very relevant.
|Number on course||Price per day|
|1 - 1 training||£345 + VAT|
|2 - 4 people||£595 + VAT|
|5 - 8 people||£795 + VAT|
SQL Training Objectives
You will learn how to write SQL queries to retrieve information from a SQL database.
Individuals with basic computer skills, familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology, and who want to use SQL to query databases.
Basic end-user computer skills and some familiarity with database terminology and structure are required.
Upon successful completion of this one day course, students will be able to:
- Connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query
- Include a search condition in a simple query
- Use various functions to perform calculations on data
- Organize data obtained from a query before it is displayed on-screen
- Retrieve data from tables
- Format an output, save a result, and generate a report
SQL Training Provisional Course Outline
Executing a Simple Query
- Connecting to the SQL Database
- Querying a Database
- Saving a Query
- Modifying a Query
- Executing a Saved Query
Performing a Conditional Search
- Search Using a Simple Condition
- Compare Column Values
- Search Using Multiple Conditions
- Search for a Range of Values and Null Values
- Retrieve Data Based on Patterns
Working with Functions
- Perform Date Calculations
- Calculate Data Using Aggregate Functions
- Manipulate String Values
- Sort Data
- Rank Data
- Group Data
- Filter Grouped Data
- Summarise Grouped Data
- Use PIVOT and UNPIVOT Operators
Retrieving Data from Tables
- Combine Results of Two Queries
- Compare the Results of Two Queries
- Retrieve Data by Joining Tables
- Check for Unmatched Records
- Retrieve Information from a Single Table Using Joins
Presenting Query Results
- Save the Query Result
- Generate an XML Report
We train companies in Hampshire including:
We have also trained home-based businesses and users in some of the Hampshire villages, so please do get in touch.
We also offer a range of IT Training Hampshire courses including Microsoft Office training Hampshire, Word training Hampshire, Excel training Hampshire and SharePoint training Hampshire. Our Professional Development training Hampshire courses include Time Management training Hampshire and Presentation Skills training Hampshire.
We also offer Small Business Help Hampshire.