Introductory Word 2016 training – Provisional Course Outline
Where training face-to-face may still not be viable, we are also offering training by videoconferencing means, usually via Microsoft Teams or Zoom. Do get in contact if we can help you in this way. Click for further details of upcoming sessions. We are also happy to do customised online training to meet your requirements. Contact us for further details.
We have now also resumed face-to-face training at client site.
All Introductory Word 2016 training course outlines can be tailored to meet the needs of the individuals or organisation.
Aims of the course
This course aims to introduce delegates with little or no understanding of the Microsoft Word software to the basic features of the package.
|Number on course||Price per day|
|1 - 1 training||£295 + VAT|
|2 - 4 people||£475 + VAT|
|5 - 8 people||£595 + VAT|
On completion of the course delegates should understand and be able to accomplish basic operations associated with creating, formatting and finishing a word processing document ready for distribution. They should also be able to use some of the more advanced Microsoft Word applications including:
- Creating standard tables
- Using pictures within a document
- Importing objects
- Using mail merge tools
The course is of one day’s duration.
How the course is run – This instructor-led course has a hands-on approach, with plenty of opportunity for delegates to practise the new skills they learn at the computer.
Pre-requisites – Delegates attending the Introductory Word 2016 training course should preferably have a basic understanding of the Windows environment and use of the keyboard and mouse.
- First Steps with Microsoft Word – opening, creating a new document, saving, closing, using Help functions
- Adjusting Basic Settings
- Document Exchange – saving documents in different formats, and in a format appropriate for posting to a Web site
- Inserting Data
- Selecting Data
- Copying, Moving, Deleting
- Finding and Replacing
- Text Formatting – font size, font type, italics, emboldening, underlining, applying colours to text, alignment, justification, hyphenation, indenting, changing line spacing, format copying
- General Formatting – using and setting tabs, adding borders to a document, bulleted and numbered lists
Finishing a Document
- Styles and Pagination – applying existing styles to a document, inserting page numbering
- Headers and Footers
- Spelling and Grammar
- Document Setup – page orientation, page size, margins, etc
- Preparing to Print – previewing a document, using basic print options, printing a document from an installed printer
More Advanced Features
- Tables – creating standard tables, changing cell attributes, inserting and deleting columns and rows, adding borders to a table, using the automatic formatting tool
- Pictures and Images – adding an image or graphics file to a document, adding autoshapes to a document, changing line colours, changing autoshape fill colours, moving images or drawn objects within a document, resizing a graphic
- Importing Objects – importing a spreadsheet into a document, importing an image file, chart or graph into a document
- Mail Merge – creating a mailing list, merging a mailing list with a letter document or a label document
Word training Dorset locations include:
Word training Wiltshire locations include:
Word training Hampshire locations include:
|Totton||Hedge End||Stubbington||Bishop’s Waltham|
Word training Somerset locations include:
|Taunton||Weston-Super-Mare||Midsomer Norton||Shepton Mallet|
We have also trained home-based businesses and users in some of the Dorset, Wiltshire, Somerset and Hampshire villages, so please do get in touch.