In these difficult days where training face-to-face is not an option for all, we are offering training by videoconferencing means – if you do not have these set up at present, there are plenty of free options such as WebEx, Zoom, Join.me, etc. Do get in contact if we can help you in this way. Click for further details of upcoming sessions. We are also happy to do customised online training to meet your requirements. Contact us for further details.
Clients who have benefitted from our tailored online Microsoft Excel training include:
- Morgan Sindall Construction & Infrastructure Ltd
- Balfour Beatty
- Individuals looking for new employment
We are now starting to take face-to-face bookings provided safety precautions can be adhered to.
Introductory Excel 2013 training – Provisional Course Outline
Our Introductory Excel 2013 training course outlines can be tailored to meet the needs of the individuals or organisation. We train at your site in Dorset, Somerset, Hampshire and Wiltshire.
Aims of the course
The Introductory Excel 2013 training course aims to introduce delegates with little or no understanding of the Microsoft Excel software to the basic features of the package.
|Number on course||Price per day|
|1 - 1 training||£295 + VAT|
|2 - 4 people||£475 + VAT|
|5 - 8 people||£595 + VAT|
On completion of the course delegates should understand and be able to accomplish basic operations associated with developing, formatting and using a spreadsheet. They should also be able to accomplish standard mathematical and logical operations using basic formulae and functions. They should also be able to use some of the more advanced Microsoft Excel applications such as creating graphs and charts.
The course is of one day’s duration.
How the course is run – This instructor-led course has a hands-on approach, with plenty of opportunity for delegates to practise the new skills they learn at the computer.
Pre-requisites – Delegates attending the course should preferably have a basic understanding of the Windows environment and use of the keyboard and mouse.
- Opening Excel
- Understanding the Ribbon structure
- Opening a workbook
- Creating a new workbook
- Closing a workbook
- Using Help functions
- Changing spreadsheet view mode
- Using the zoom tool
- Modifying the Quick Access Toolbar
- Saving workbooks – as Excel workbooks and as pdfs
- Inserting Data – numbers, text, symbols, special characters, simple formulae, using undo
- Selecting Data – cells, range of adjacent or non-adjacent cells, rows, columns
- Copying, Moving, Deleting
- Finding and Replacing
- Inserting rows and columns
- Modifying row height and cell width
- Deleting rows and columns
- Sorting Data
Formulae and Functions
- Arithmetic Formulas – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, standard error messages, autofill tool, relative cell referencing, absolute cell referencing
- Working with Functions – sum, average
- Formatting Cells – number of decimal places, number of zeros after the decimal point, date styles, currency, percentages
- Formatting Cells – text size, bold, italic, font type, font colour, text orientation
- Formatting Cell Ranges – centring and aligning cell contents, adding border effects
- Document Setup – modifying document margin settings, adjusting document setup to fit one page, adding a header and footer, changing document orientation, page size, etc
- Printing Simple Spreadsheet Documents – using basic print options, previewing a spreadsheet, printing a spreadsheet or a worksheet, printing part of a worksheet or a pre-defined cell range
Charts and Graphs
- Producing different types of graphs and charts to analyse data
- Editing charts or graphs
- Changing chart type
- Moving and deleting charts or graphs
Organisations who have benefitted from our Introductory Excel 2013 training include:
To request further details of any of our courses, or to make a booking, please contact us by ringing 07477 578417 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or filling in our contact form.
- Microsoft Excel training Dorset
- Microsoft Excel training Wiltshire
- Microsoft Excel training Hampshire
- Microsoft Excel training Somerset
Excel training Dorset locations include:
Excel training Wiltshire locations include:
Excel training Hampshire locations include:
Excel training Somerset locations include:
|Taunton||Weston-Super-Mare||Midsomer Norton||Shepton Mallet|
We have also trained home-based businesses and users in some of the Dorset, Wiltshire and Hampshire villages, so please do get in touch.