We are now back to full face-to-face training at client site. We are also offering training by videoconferencing means, usually via Microsoft Teams or Zoom, if this is your preference. Click for more information about remote training.
We provide Intermediate Access 2010 training at your offices in Dorset, Wiltshire, Somerset and Hampshire. Although a provisional course outline is shown below, all our training can be adapted to your needs.
Intermediate Access 2010 Training Provisional Course Outline
Aims of the Intermediate Access 2010 training course
This course aims to give delegates a greater understanding of MS Access 2010.
On completion of the course delegates will have improved their skills in using Microsoft Access 2010. They will be able to:
- Use field properties for protection
- Understand table relationships and referential integrity
- Create multi-table queries
- Use calculations in a query
- Design custom entry forms
- Design custom reports
The course is of one day’s duration.
How the course is run – This instructor-led course has a hands-on approach, with plenty of opportunity for delegates to practise the new skills they learn at the computer.
Pre-requisites – Familiarity with the Windows environment, and a basic knowledge of MS Access.
Provisional Course Outline
Displaying the Access 2010 database
- The Navigation pane, customising the Navigation pane
- Database display
Table design – fields
- Applying and modifying data types such as text, memo, hyperlink, currency, date and time in a field
- Understanding the consequences of modifying data types such as text, memo, hyperlink, currency, date and time in a field
- Creating and editing a lookup in a field
- Creating and editing a validation rule in a field
- Creating and editing an input mask in a field
- Applying and modifying default values in a field
- Setting a mandatory field
- Fields with multiple values
- Understanding the basis for creating a valid relationship
- Creating a one-to-one or a one-to-many relationship between tables
- Understanding and modifying a many-to-many relationship between tables
- Applying inner, outer and self joins
- Applying and using referential integrity
- Applying automatic deletion of related records
- Relating or joining data when designing records
- Adding fields to tables
- Field templates
Microsoft Access Query design
- Grouping information in a query
- Using a crosstab query
- Using wildcards in a query
- Using arithmetic and logical expressions in a query
- Using bound and unbound controls
Microsoft Access training Dorset locations include:
Microsoft Access training Wiltshire locations include:
Microsoft Access training Hampshire locations include:
|Totton||Hedge End||Stubbington||Bishop’s Waltham|
Microsoft Access training Somerset locations include:
|Taunton||Weston-Super-Mare||Midsomer Norton||Shepton Mallet|
We have also trained home-based businesses and users in some of the Dorset, Wiltshire and Hampshire villages, so please do get in touch.