Introductory Word 2013 training – Provisional Course Outline
Our Introductory Word 2013 training course outlines can be tailored to meet the needs of the individuals or organisation which we train. We train at your site in Dorset, Wiltshire and Hampshire and can work with some of your documents as required.
Aims of the course
This course aims to introduce delegates with little or no understanding of the Microsoft Word software to the basic features of the package.
|Number on course||Price per day|
|1 - 1 training||£295 + VAT|
|2 - 4 people||£475 + VAT|
|5 - 8 people||£595 + VAT|
On completion of the Introductory Word 2013 training course delegates should understand and be able to accomplish basic operations associated with creating, formatting and finishing a word processing document ready for distribution. They should also be able to use some of the more advanced Microsoft Word applications including:
- Creating standard tables
- Using pictures within a document
- Importing objects
- Using mail merge tools
The course is of one day’s duration.
How the course is run – This instructor-led course has a hands-on approach, with plenty of opportunity for delegates to practise the new skills they learn at the computer.
Pre-requisites – Delegates attending the course should preferably have a basic understanding of the Windows environment and use of the keyboard and mouse.
- First Steps with Microsoft Word – opening, creating a new document, saving, closing, using Help functions
- Adjusting Basic Settings
- Document Exchange – saving documents in different formats, and in a format appropriate for posting to a Web site
- Inserting Data
- Selecting Data
- Copying, Moving, Deleting
- Finding and Replacing
- Text Formatting – font size, font type, italics, emboldening, underlining, applying colours to text, alignment, justification, hyphenation, indenting, changing line spacing, format copying
- General Formatting – using and setting tabs, adding borders to a document, bulleted and numbered lists
Finishing a Document
- Styles and Pagination – applying existing styles to a document, inserting page numbering
- Headers and Footers
- Spelling and Grammar
- Document Setup – page orientation, page size, margins, etc
- Preparing to Print – previewing a document, using basic print options, printing a document from an installed printer
More Advanced Features
- Tables – creating standard tables, changing cell attributes, inserting and deleting columns and rows, adding borders to a table, using the automatic formatting tool
- Pictures and Images – adding an image or graphics file to a document, adding autoshapes to a document, changing line colours, changing autoshape fill colours, moving images or drawn objects within a document, resizing a graphic
- Importing Objects – importing a spreadsheet into a document, importing an image file, chart or graph into a document
- Mail Merge – creating a mailing list, merging a mailing list with a letter document or a label document