Intermediate Word 2016 training – Provisional Course Outline
All Intermediate Word 2016 training course outlines can be tailored to meet the needs of the individuals or organisation.
Aims of the course
This course aims to give delegates a greater understanding of Word.
|Number on course||Price per day|
|1 - 1 training||£295 + VAT|
|2 - 4 people||£475 + VAT|
|5 - 8 people||£595 + VAT|
On completion of the course delegates will have improved on their skills in using Microsoft Word. They will be able to:
- Format a document, using techniques such as bullets, numbering, borders, tabs, etc
- Make effective use of tables
- Set up a multi-column document
- Use tools such as AutoCorrect and AutoText to increase efficiency
- Confidently use the Mailmerge facilities, and use Word to address envelopes and labels
- Make use of the graphic capabilities of Word
- Link and embed objects from other applications into Word
The course is of one day’s duration.
How the course is run – This instructor-led course has a hands-on approach, with plenty of opportunity for delegates to practise the new skills they learn at the computer.
Pre-requisites – Familiarity with the Windows environment, and a basic knowledge of Word.
- Bullets and numbering
- Creating and formatting tables
- Inserting and deleting rows and columns in a table
- Totalling numeric entries in a table
- Merging and splitting table cells
- Formatting Tables
AutoCorrect, AutoText and Quick Parts
- Quick Parts
- Creating mailing documents
- Creating data sources
- Inserting merge fields
- Merging documents with data sources
- Generating mailing labels, using an external data source
- Envelopes and labels
Drawing in Word
- Text boxes
- Word Art
- Drawing Shapes
Linking and embedding objects
- Excel charts and data
- Other objects